2018 Healthy Eating Consumer Trend Report
Consumers are increasingly making food and beverage choices based on their personal definitions of health, such as food described as natural, organic, high in protein or functional (e.g., items to help boost energy or de-stress). Despite abiding by these health definitions, consumers may still reconsider their restaurant orders if they think an item has too many calories. These views have implications for restaurants, especially as some restaurants are now required to post calorie counts and consumers increasingly rely on foodservice for meals.
How are consumers’ views of health evolving? How should restaurants and culinary teams adapt to the changes in consumer sentiment when it comes to healthy eating? The 2018 Healthy Eating Consumer Trend Report provides a comprehensive look at the many factors driving changes in consumer behavior and, ultimately, foodservice usage.
Use this report to:
- Understand how consumers are currently defining “healthy” and how those attitudes are expected to change.
- Anticipate the rise of menu trends such as plant-based fare and functional foods
- Plan for the impact that posting calorie counts on menus will have on consumers’ foodservice choices
- Gain a deeper understanding of the impact of healthy eating trends on other facets of foodservice such as kids menus, healthy claims and consumers’ willingness to trust restaurants
- Full report narrative in PowerPoint format
- Access to searchable online tool to navigate through report
- Consumer data sets in Excel
- Consumer segmentation using Technomic’s proprietary Eater Archetypes
- Access to consumer survey